The building blocks of the Rock and Water program are self-control, self-reflection and self-confidence.
Building on to this foundation, students learn about the themes of safety, assertiveness and communication.
The Rock & Water program provides students with pathways to self-awareness, and increased self-confidence and social functioning.
Each student with undergo a journey of self-awareness as they learn about responding to life with either a “rock” or a “water” attitude. The use of symbolism is central to the success of the Rock & Water program. The program is an excellent tool to support students to find their grounding, learning how to centre oneself and learning how to self manage in social settings. Topics covered in the program include:
- practical anti-bullying strategies
- alternatives to aggressive verbal and physical responses
- better ability to be in control through grounding, centeredness and mental focus
- increased self- respect, self-control and self-confidence.
- enhanced resilience skills and well-being
- skills to identify and monitor reactive behaviour patterns
- communication skills
- development of compassion, understanding and empathy
- boundary setting, simple self-defence and communication skills and
- awareness of purpose and motivation in life.